Kindness Challenge#2

on

This week’s focus on Niki’s revofkindness is Observing Kindness around us. I grew up in a typical modest home here in Nigeria. From my Childhood, I watched and saw how my parents translated their acts of kindness, especially my mom.

Our house was  always filled up with family members coming to live with us on many occasion. Sometimes they were not always direct family members,yet my Mother will accommodate, feed them and sometimes give pocket money as it were they were all students, or applicants seeking greener pastures in Lagos.

I will never  forget what my mother always say to us when we ask her why she goes the extra mile for these relatives.she told us back then, that she was showing the seed of kindness into the future of her children. Because you never know where anyone of us  may find ourselves in life. But wherever life may send us , we will never cease to find help in one form or another.

In the last two weeks I have had a situation where my Husband’s mother had been hospitalised and we had to step in to take care of her. I can tell you that taking care of her as if she were a baby has really been challenging but it has helped us to view and see life from a new perspective.

Even my children are not left out in showing care for their “Grandma” trying to ask how she’s feeling and even feeding her.. that show of love and care melted my heart!

Do not let kindness and truth leave you…..

OBA2016@Thekingsoracle. All rights reserved.

1. Your mother is a kind woman. What an inspirational story!

Thanks my dear friend. I appreciate your stopping by.

1. Have a weekend as beautiful as you are ❤

Awww! Thank your for the kind words ❤

2. Loved your story! There is so much good in the world – more than we could know unless we look for it. in lak’ech, Debra

Thanks, Debra! you are so right, there is much good in the world,but unless we open our eyes to see beyond the ordinary. We can overcome the ills of society with the good that abound in us and around us. Thanks for stopping by.

3. Niki says:

Wow! Thank you for sharing! What wise words and actions. I love that, sowing seeds of kindness so that her children could one day reap the benefits. How beautiful! May we all take a page from your mom’s book and sow the seeds of kindness to leave the world more beautiful for those that come after us. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Friday! 🙂

Thank you Niki. 😀

4. Your mother is certainly a very wise woman. What a priceless gift to leave her children: showing the act of kindness to one another. Blessings!

Thank you, I am trying to follow her footsteps to leave such valiant legacies for my children too.

1. Sweetness for your love of your family. May you be blessed for leaving such a legacy.

5. Miriam says:

Your mother sounds like a remarkable woman who’s handed down some very precious values. And isn’t it amazing how kindness shines in difficult situations.

Thanks for your kind words Miriam 😉

1. Miriam says:

You’re most welcome. 🙂

6. What a beautiful thing your mother did with her “seed planting.” And clearly you’ve allowed those seeds to grow into beautiful blossoms within yourself.

Thank you Deborah! for such beautiful words.