Conflicts take place every day, it is a part of our everyday life and that is because in our day to day activities we interact with people, in the course of our interactions we find that our interests varies, and differs from one people to another.
The differences in opinion often lead to bitterness, heartaches,broken relationships, divorce etc. We know that conflicts are often marked by disagreement.
Like the Bible says
Can two walk together, except they be agreed. Amos 3:3,
The issues that escalate into wars among nations are most of the time, the results of unresolved conflicts. Conflicts don’t just happen, they are as a result of many factors interwoven and interplaying together, top
the list of these factors is a breakdown of communication.
Before an argument can morph into conflicts,there are about 3 stages that it would have passed through.
*There are opposing views
*Attacking the person/persons with the pertinent opposing views
* Which leads to frustration and over time lead to terminating such relationship.
When we understand these stages in conflicts situation, it becomes very easy to truncate conflicts and prevent them from degenerating.
Unresolved conflicts affect can cause lifetime havoc, if not checked and deal with immediately, it can deter one’s progress,cloud your future and it can terminate dreams.
There is an old German saying,
A wise man will never look for who is wrong;rather he deals with what is wrong.
HOW DO WE RESOLVE OR MANAGE CONFLICTS SITUATION?
The only way we can resolve conflict situation is to confront it head on.
If your brother or sister sis sins, go and pointout their faults, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over……if they will not listen take one or two others along….
From the above text, here are ways that we can tackle the issues of conflicts.
- Make the move to resolve the conflict, take the initiative. Don’t wait for the other person, be the first to make the move.
- Avoid getting into arguments all the time.
- Willingness to listen
- When you are wrong, admit it and apologize
- Learn to forgive and be tolerant, even when you are the offended party.
- Involve a third party when the issues get out of hand and you can’t resolve alone.
- Pray for wisdom to handle differences, and peace in dealing with people.
- In the worst case scenario, when it looks like the resolution is not possible, learn give space to the party involved.
Sometimes, it seems easier said than done, but when we totally yield total control to God, he gives us guidelines and wisdom to handle difficult situations and difficult people.
Remember He told us, that as much as it lies in our power to follow peace with all men.
OBA2016@Thekingsoracle. All rights reserved.
Also in response to Tuesday trickles with JACKIEOBYIKOCHA
One Comment Add yours
Brilliant advice. The subject is very key because conflicts are inevitable. Well done!